From Aperol Spritz in the garden to Antiguan youth orchestras, ROSL's activities in 2019 have been hugely varied. Several new events, plus the return of old favourites, has seen members enjoying all kinds of concerts, talks, exhibitions, dinners, classes, and more.
Take a look at the some of the highlights below.
- Members got involved with our artistic endeavours this year, taking part in drawing and photography classes
- The Annual Music Competition returned, won by trombonist Kris Garfitt
- Old favourites like the House of Lords Afternoon Tea returned
- As did our participation in Mayfair Art Weekend
- We held two New Member Receptions to welcome our latest arrivals.
- ROSL Recitals at the Edinburgh Fringe celebrated 20 years
- Two garden parties made the most of the summer weather
- ROSL got on the road, combining its music and education work in Antigua
- Younger members enjoyed a variety of social activities throughout the year
- Our visual arts scholars visited the UK, exhibiting in Manchester and Wakefield
- Chairman Alexander Downer AC hosted his first gala dinner
- Our first Photography Competition was one of four exhibitions to adorn the walls of Over-Seas House
2020 looks set to be just as exciting. Keep an eye on our event listings to see what's coming up.