Yesterday, ROSL ARTS launched a very exciting new venture as the Open Call for their 2018 Visual Art Scholarship with The Art House in Wakefield went live!
The focus of these scholarships is networking and creative development with the ambition to provide the scholars an opportunity to focus and create in a new environment. There are two Visual Art Scholarships available to artists from a Commonwealth or former Commonwealth country, who have never exhibited in the UK before. The scholarships bring the lucky artists to the UK for two months, where they up a two-month residency at the Art House's purpose-built studios in Wakefield during September and October 2018. The scholarships provide funding as well as accommodation and allows time to visit creative spaces across the country and meet their peers working in similar fields. The residency offers:
- Fully covered travel costs
- Fully covered visa costs
- Living costs covered with a per diem
- Free studio space in the Art House (the Collaborator Space, pictured on the right, which is around 6.7m by 9m)
- Free accommodation in the Art House flat (pictured on the right)
- Free access to a fully equipped print studio (pictured on the right), with screen print, etching and laser cutter
- The services of a support technician if needed, as part of our commitment to equality
- An opportunity to show either a new body of work created during the residency, or work in progress, in a studio context in the Art House Collaborator Space and potentially at a UK or International Art Fair.
- The opportunity to share your practice and residency through a residency blog, participate in artist’s talks, and if appropriate to run workshops relating to your practice
- Coaching and mentoring through 1-2-1 sessions with our team to support artists to develop their critical understanding of their artistic practice, marketing, and develop audiences for their work (we will look at artists’ support needs at the start of the residency and put together a package of support).
- A funded visit to ROSL London and opportunity to see the art scene of the capital over Frieze week
We encourage our members and friends to share this opportunity and follow the link below if you would like some more information: