We are committed to providing a safe environment for all at our beautiful clubhouse in central London, and to continue to put our team and members at the forefront of everything we do. It is unlikely that any vaccine for COVID-19 will be ready before 2021. We expect the UK Government and authorities to require continued social distancing measures which means we all must stay 1 metre from others in order to slow down, limit or eradicate the spread of the coronavirus for the foreseeable future.
We have created a detailed Pre-opening Plan, COVID Risk Assessment and new Standard Operating Procedures for ROSL which confirm and support the measures we are taking in order to keep our members and team safe in a post-lockdown society, where the risk of COVID-19 infection is still very real. It has been put together by the Senior Leadership Team with input from all departments and consultation with all team members.
We do not expect to be able to return to normal operating procedures straight away. We will see reduced capacity and increased social distancing and hygiene measures. The measures implemented are based on current leading scientific advice. They are not fixed, as the advice and requirements change, we will continue to respond and be flexible in our approach.
Our focus is on keeping everyone inside the clubhouse safe, while retaining the home away from home feel. We continue to pursue our mission keeping in mind our values of community, creativity, excellence, innovation and respect.
In creating these documents, we have used information and guidance from our H&S Consultants HSQC, the Health & Safety Executive, current UK Government guidelines and the UK Hospitality Association guidance.
Our Pre-opening Plan considers the entire team and member journey including:
- General principles
- Member experience
- Team experience
- Cleaning Standards.
Our ROSL COVID Risk Assessment helped us to identify robust control measures to minimise the risk to our team, members, guests and visitors including:
- Access to hand sanitiser and appropriate PPE will be provided throughout the clubhouse
- Screens will be placed in locations where social distancing cannot be maintained such as the reception desk and between tables
- Furniture will be arranged with social distancing in mind
- Signs will be placed around the club, particularly in confined spaces such as lifts and corridors to ensure appropriate distancing is maintained
- All public areas will undergo more frequent cleaning
- Bedrooms will all be deep cleaned after each visit and then left unused for three days before the next guest arrives
- All team members have received COVID-relevant training
- Team members who can work from home, will continue to do so.